The more you know, the further your business will go.
The invoice PDF template is located in application/views/themes/crm/views/invoicepdf.php.
With Crm you have the ability to edit all the files located on application/views without editing the core files, so in this case you won’t need to worry the updates, unless there are huge changes made in the files, check the link below for more information, in this case, your filename should be my_invoicepdf.php
Adding a Custom PDF Logo
You might have problems with PNG images with transparency, that are handled in a different way, depending on the php-imagick or php-gd version used.
Try to update php-imagick and disable php-gd, if you leave this field blank the uploaded company logo will be used.
Go to Setup->Settings->PDF -> Custom PDF Company Logo URL.
You can adjust your logo width.
PDF Document Formats
You can find all PDF document formats in Setup->Settings->PDF->Document Formats.
Note that when you customize the PDF, and you remove the ability to apply these options, you won’t be able to see any changes while applying options from the settings area.
You can always adjust one template, that fits your needs based on your colors, font sizes etc.. and use it for your own requirements.
PDF Font Family
When you first purchase CRM, the PDF font freesans will be used.
This font is the default because of support UTF-8. PDF files may be larger using this font, if your company does not need UTF-8 support and your customers are not using any special characters in their data, or in the language you are using, you can change the font to Eq. Helvetica or try changing the font until it best fits for your requirements.
• For Arabic characters, use font: dejavusans or aealarabiya or aefurat
• For Japanese and Chineese use font: droidsansfallback
• For Cyrlilic characters use font: freesans
Changing the font is available from the settings at Setup->Settings->PDF.
• If the customer language is the System Default, the default language that is selected in Setup->Settings->Localization will be used on PDF documents.
• When you are in the admin area and system/staff language is e.q English, and the customer default language is Spanish, the invoice will be still downloaded in English, if you want, when you are in the admin area, to download the PDF documents in customers language,
check Setup->Settings->Localization, the option Output client PDF documents from admin area in client language
When the customer will view the invoice, or download the invoice PDF from the customers invoice preview area, he/she will be able to see the invoice into his default language that is set in the customer profile.
If you want to change the client area look to copy the existing main theme of Crm located in application/views/themes/ and rename to your theme name, eq. flat
The next part is to copy the assets folder by going to root directory assets/themes/ and copy the Crm theme and rename the folder to eq. flat.
Go to admin area Setup->Settings->Customers and change the active customers theme to your newly created theme.
It’s not recomended to edit the original theme becuase of updates coming in the next releases and all your changes will be overided.
After you applied the changes your folder structure for your new theme named eq. flat should be like this:
When using your own theme, you will need to maintain the theme in each update and make sure it is compatible with the latest version.
Available theme files
Here is a list of all available theme files located in application/views/themes/yourtheme/views/ (views):
1. announcement.php – Single view announcement.
2. announcements.php – List view announcements
3. calendar.php – Customer calendar area
4. company_profile.php – Company informations
5. contractpdf.php – Contract PDF template
6. contracts.php – List view contracts
7. estimatehtml.php – Estimate HTML template
8. estimatepdf.php – Estimate PDF template
9. files.php – Customer area for files to upload in the customer profile
10. forgot_password.php – Customer forgot password template
11. home.php – Customers dashboard after login
12. invoicehtml.php – Invoice HTML template
13. invoicepdf.php – Invoice PDF template
14. invoices.php – List view invoices
15. knowledge_base.php – All knowledge base articles
16. knowledge_base_article.php – Single knowledge base article
17. login.php – Contact login template
18. open_ticket.php – New ticket open template
19. paymentpdf.php – Payment Receipt PDF template
20. profile.php – Logged in contact profile
21. project.php – Single project
22. proposalpdf.php – Proposal PDF template
23. proposals.php – List view proposals
24. register.php – Contact/Customer register template
25. reset_password.php – Reset password template
26. single_ticket.php – Contact view ticket template
27. survey_view.php – Survey template
28. tickets.php – List view tickets
29. viewproposal.php – Proposal HTML template
Applying custom CSS styles
Via CSS file
CRM supports custom.css file that will be autoloaded all over the CRM to apply your custom styles.
This file doesn’t exist in the core files and you won’t need to worry to lose your changes when performing an update.
You can achieve this by creating a file custom.css in assets/css, after the file is created you can use your favorite code editor and apply custom styles.
You will need some basic knowledge of CSS
Via Admin Area
If you have enabled the Theme Style module in Setup->Modules you can apply custom CSS in Setup->Theme Style->Custom CSS
Custom CSS can be added directly for the admin area, clients area, and both admin and clients area, depends on where you add the CSS, will be loaded accordingly to the section you added the code.