Sales - General Setup
The more you know, the further your business will go.
To add new currency, go to Setup -> Finance -> Currencies and click New Currency.
• Currency Code – Add a currency code, make sure you add the valid currency ISO code. The ISO Code will be used when sending the currency code to online payment gateways.
• Currency Symbol – Add currency symbol
• Click Save
If this is your base currency, you will need to mark it as base by clicking on the Star icon.
CRM, by default, records all transactions (invoices,estimates,expenses,proposals) in the base currency.
Changing the base/customer currency after you record transactions is not possible.
Record transactions other then base currency
There is only 1 exception where changing the currency is possible, when creating a new proposal and the proposal is related to lead.
If you need to record the transaction in a different currency, you need to set customer currency.
Navigate to Customers-> Click on the customer and set currency in the customer profile.
Note that if the customer has already recorded transactions, you wont be able to change the currency. You need to delete all previous transactions to change the currency, once the transaction is recorded, the ability to change the customer currency will be disabled.
Try creating new eq. an invoice and select the customer the currency will be auto changed to, based on the currency you set for this customer.
For all future transactions for this customer, the customer currency will be auto selected.
Keep in mind that the rate for other currencies will only be shown if customers have configured to use another currency than the base currency.
Items is a CRM feature that will allow you to create predefined items, which will speed up the process when creating new invoices, estimates or proposals.
Create new item
To create new items from the main admin menu, navigate to Sales->Items, and click on the top left button New Item.
• Description – Give the item a short description.
• Long Description – Give the Item a long description, for more detailed information.
• Rate – The total cost for this specific item you are creating without taxes.
• Tax – Apply item a predefined tax, the tax will be auto-applied when creating new invoice/estimate/proposal/credit note.
• Unit – If you need to the use unit for the item, you can add exactly in this field. Eq. lots, kg
• Item Group – If you have a lot of items, and you need to organize them in groups, you can select a group that you previously created in the same screen by clicking on the Group top left button.
Click Save to save all the item information.
After the item is linked to a transaction eq. invoice/estimate/proposal, changing the item information won’t affect currently created transactions.
Linking item into transaction
This is very specific example that will show you how to link an item to an invoice with all the fields explained.
Navigate to Sales->Invoices and click on the top left button create new invoice, and fill all the necessary information for this invoice.
On the top left Add item dropdown, you can select your predefined items that will be auto inserted into the preview item area, without you needing to fill all the necessary item information manually.
Item's Rates Based On Currency Usage
In previous versions, the item had a field for a rate, which you use as general rate eq for your base currency, but the problem was that, in case the customer has a different currency to the base currency, the rate will not be accurate when selecting the item from the drop-down, when creating an invoice/estimate/proposal.
CRM can bill in your base currency or in the customer currency, if configured in the customer profile.
Let’s assume that your base currency is ZAR and you have a customer which is using USD currency, when you created the item, you have added the rate as in your base currency (ZAR).
When you navigate to Sales->Items and try to create/edit item, you will be able to see that a new field for rate in USD will be shown, in this case when you create an invoice/estimate/proposal, and select a customer that is using USD currency, and then select an item, the USD rate will be auto-populated in the preview area for the item before you add it to the table. This will help you to add the item’s rate only once and then re-use it.
TRACKING SENT EMAILS
From version 2.0 there is a new unique feature added in CRM for tracking sent emails if they are opened, for the “sales” features. This feature will help you to easily determine eq if a contact opened the email when you sent the invoice to the contact email.
This is only applied to specific emails, below you can find the list which emails/email templates are tracked.
1. Send Invoice to Customer
2. Invoice Already Sent to Customer
3. Invoice Overdue Notice
4. Send Estimate to Customer
5. Estimate Already Sent to Customer
6. Estimate Expiration Reminder
7. Send Proposal to Customer
8. New Comment (Sent to Customer/Lead)
9. Proposal Expiration Reminder
10. Send Credit Note To Email
11. Send Contract to Customer
12. Send Subscription to Customer
13. Subscription Payment Failed
You can check all available email templates mentioned above in Setup->Email Templates.
Checking if the email is opened
You don’t need to configure anything; the feature is auto turned ON, and will work out of the box while you use CRM.
Let’s assume you sent an invoice to a contact, and you want to see if the contact opened the email, in the admin area, open the invoice preview area, and click on the envelope menu icon, there will be a list of all tracked emails sent, with an indicator showing if they are opened or not.
Use the same steps to see if the email is opened is applied for all other features.
Tracked emails not updated
There is one occasion when this feature may not work properly, depends on the settings the contact/user configure in his email client. There is nothing CRM can do about this, the tracked email status will remain as “Not Opened“
If the contact/user has an option in his email client/email interface to turn off remote content for the received emails, this may not work properly.
In this case, if the contact just reads the email, and doesn't turn on remote content, or doesn't allow remote content for this specific email, the email will remain as “Not Opened”
To add a new payment mode, go to Setup->Finance->Payment Modes and click on the top left button New Payment Mode
• Payment Mode Name – Eq. Bank
• Bank Accounts – Description – Give a payment mode description, which will be shown on the invoice html area. You can add a bank account number, iban, swift etc.
• Active – Enable/Disable payment mode, if the payment mode is disabled, it won’t be shown in invoice when you add/edit.
• Show Bank Accounts / Description on Invoice PDF – If checked, the description will be shown on invoice pdf.
• Selected by default on invoice – Check this field if you want to be selected by default when creating new invoice
• Expenses Only / Invoices Only – In case you have a lot payment modes for expenses and invoices, and the payment mode you are creating will be only used for invoices, check Invoices only, in this case the payment mode won’t be shown as an option when recording a new expense.
The following payment modes are offline modes, online payment modes can be configured in Setup -> Settings ->Payment Gateways
Create new tax
CRM gives you the ability to add unlimited tax rates on your invoices/estimates/proposals etc..
You can add new tax rates by following the steps below:
• Navigate to Setup->Finance->Tax Rates.
• Click on the top left button New Tax
• Enter tax name
• Enter tax rate
• Click Save
The tax you created will be available in the dropdown for each item.
When updating tax and this tax is already applied on an item, the tax information wont be changed.
Hide tax per item
CRM by default shows tax per item, there is an option to turn this off and all the taxes will be calculated on the bottom of the invoice/estimate.
Note that when you add your invoice/estimate items, you will still need to add the item taxes to get the desired calculations. The tax per item will be hidden when your customer view the invoice/estimate.
To disable this feature navigate to Setup->Settings->Finance and set Show TAX per item (Invoices/Estimates) to NO.
NOTE: If you are using your own templates for generating PDF for estimates and invoices, you should not remove this logic from the templates if you want this option to work as it should, otherwise you can adjust the template to fit to your needs no matter how Show TAX per item option is set.